Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits
Here at Associated British Ports we are recruiting for an experienced Port Operations Supervisor to join our Operations team at our port in Hull.
As a Port Operations Supervisor you will oversee the efficient loading and unloading of the ships that come into our busy port. You will also be working with our port customers to ensure that their needs are serviced. This may involve management of customer warehousing and logistical needs via your operatives.
To succeed as a Port Operations Supervisor you will need a sound understanding of the key principles of supervising a busy port operation. In addition to this you will need to keep abreast of changes and updates in port policies and processes.
- Develop a sound understanding and competence in all aspects of the effective supervision of a team including, but not limited to, efficient work allocation and prioritisation, good management of training and development requirements.
- Develop sound planning skills for the successful coordination of incoming goods, storage and dispatch of cargo, to achieve team objectives and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) as determined by management.
- Understand the planning process and supervision requirements of warehouse and vessel activities.
- Understand safe and efficient vessel discharge/loading practice.
- Understand customer requirements for all cargo handling and the subsequent recording of stock.
- Assist management in ensuring a high standard of housekeeping within the team and that all safety checks are conducted as required.
- Keep management advised, in a timely manner, of all HR, training and development, safety, technical and operational matters.
- Ensure that you fully comply with all Health & Safety policies and embrace the ethos of Beyond Zero and apply all principles
- Work with the operations manager to have a clear understanding of Profit and Expenditure, and the impact all decisions have upon ABP EBITDA
- Support and be involved in ad-hoc project work as required and any other work management deems appropriate to assist in development as a trainee.
Interested? We are looking for somebody who has:
- Prior experience of, and a strong desire to learn and develop within, the port environment.
- Demonstrable qualities suited to leading and supervising others, including very good communication skills and an enthusiastic approach.
- A can-do attitude and a strong work ethic.
- Curiosity and intellectual rigour.
- Recognises the importance of providing an excellent level of customer service and works as required, achieving the necessary results.
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Excel for reporting.
- Has good organisational skills and can plan and structure work effectively in a demanding environment. Has the confidence to delegate work as appropriate.
We are recruiting for a marine surveyor to join our busy fishing vessel survey and inspection team o... Read more
We have an fantastic opportunity for a experienced mid-level Naval Architect to join a prestigious y... Read more
Here at Associated British Ports we are recruiting for an experienced Port Operations Supervisor to ... Read more
ABP are always keen to hear from experienced mariners looking for a position in pilotage! Read more
Joining the Wisbech Port Authority Marine Services team, this exciting opportunity will see you work... Read more