| Marine Specialised Technology | Bromborough-Wirral, UK |
The Business Development Manager’s role is responsible for the generation and submission of high quality tender proposals, quotations and refit programmes for sales and servicing of Military & Professional boats for Defence and security markets.
|Business Development Manager
|Group Personal Pension Plan
|Eye Care Vouchers
|Death in Service Benefit
|Discount car/home insurance
|Halfords discount card
|Costco card and free car parking
|£50k to £60k depending on relevant experience
The Business Development Manager’s role is responsible for the generation and submission of high quality tender proposals, quotations and refit programmes for sales and servicing of Military & Professional boats for Defence and security markets. You will be part of a small Business Development team covering the entire world and so need to be prepared to be flexible in terms of what territories you work on.
- Reviewing customer requirements & specifications, and defining customer tender requirements
- Accurately interpret client’s commercial requirements and ensure any commercial or contractual risks to the company are identified and mitigated.
- Responsible for developing, preparing and submitting tenders, quotations and PDS programmes for new business to customers
- Producing accurate and timely proposals which reflect the requirements of customers and meet commercial targets
- Liaising with suppliers and sub-contractors to obtain relevant information for the submission of proposals
- Preparing cost build ups and presenting final cost prices for quotations to management for official approval prior to submission
- Arrange and take a lead role in ‘bid review’, ‘bid clarification’ and ‘sales handover’ meetings.
- Work closely with departmental and technical managers to coordinate the process for customer inquiries
- Maintain a sales and marketing focus in all proposals related activity and in contacts with stakeholders.
- Attending pre-tender meetings and visiting clients or project sites where appropriate
- Attending post tender meetings and contributing to process improvements
- Maintaining the enquiry database and CRM to ensure the company can track conversion rates and improve future proposals
- Attending Exhibitions
- Giving presentations
- Undertaking relevant research
- Write high quality technical and commercial documents and reports and present them to both internal and external audiences.
- Providing technical advice, lliaison with internal & external stakeholders, clients, and the MoD
- Flexible to travel in the UK and overseas as and when required
Competence and Experience
- Degree Qualified with a sound engineering background
- Experience and interest in small high speed water craft preferable
- Proficiency in other languages advantageous
- Confident working under pressure with the ability to meet tight deadlines with a result orientated approach
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
- Experienced in cost estimation and technical quotation preparation
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills for dealing with people both within and outside the engineering profession
- Excellent management skills of subordinates
- The ability to focus on the task at hand but capable of switching between multiple tasks as demand dictates.
- Experienced in dealing with both internal and external customers.
- Experience within a Sales/Proposal office environment, exhibiting strong product and application knowledge with the ability to interpret customer enquiries
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including MS project
Marine Specialised Technology Limited is one of the world’s leading designers, manufacturers and maintainers of high-speed workboats from 5m to 25m in length for global defence and security markets. Operating from two sites in the Northwest of England the organisation currently employs 145 people. The company is now entering a further accelerated growth phase having recently moved to a 6.5 acre waterside shipyard premises and is on target to double the current £20M revenue over next 2 years with its existing order book alone.
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org