| HamiltonJet | Hybrid / East Grinstead, UK |
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Electronic Commissioning Support Engineer to join our team and ensure the seamless operation and maintenance of our maritime systems within the EMEA region and worldwide as required.
POSITION: Electronic Commissioning Support Engineer
LOCATION: Hybrid. EMEA, Home, East Grinstead
We are a leading provider of maritime waterjet propulsion solutions, specialising in the design, manufacturing, and maintenance of advanced marine propulsion systems. Our innovative products and services cater to the diverse needs of the maritime industry, including oil and gas, high speed ferries, military applications, and pleasure craft. We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Electronic Commissioning Support Engineer to join our team and ensure the seamless operation and maintenance of our maritime systems within the EMEA region and worldwide as required.
As a Electronic Commissioning Support Engineer, you will be responsible for providing technical commissioning expertise and support to our customers in the maritime industry. You will work closely with our clients, including ship owners, operators, and shipyards, to install, commission, troubleshoot, and maintain our waterjet propulsion systems. Your role will involve traveling to various locations to deliver exceptional service and ensure the smooth operation of our products in demanding maritime environments.
- Commissioning: Perform installation checks, configuration, and commissioning of our waterjets and electronic control systems, including sea trials, class trials (DNV, BV and ABS) and Dynamic Positioning trials.
- Maintenance and Repairs: Conduct routine maintenance, inspections, and repairs of our marine systems to ensure optimal performance and reliability. Troubleshoot and diagnose system issues and implement timely and effective solutions.
- Customer Support: Provide technical assistance and support to customers, both remotely and on-site, by addressing their inquiries, resolving technical problems, and offering guidance on system operation and maintenance best practices.
- Training and Documentation: Train customers on the proper use, operation, and maintenance of our systems. Develop and update technical documentation, including manuals, troubleshooting guides, and service reports.
- Field Testing: Collaborate with internal teams and participate in field tests and trials of new products, collecting feedback and suggesting improvements to enhance system performance and functionality.
- Collaboration: Work closely with cross-functional teams, including engineers, project managers, and sales representatives, to ensure seamless coordination and timely resolution of customer issues.
- Safety and Compliance: Adhere to safety regulations, industry standards, and company policies during all field operations. Conduct risk assessments and implement appropriate safety measures.
- Continuous Learning: Stay up to date with emerging technologies, industry trends, and product advancements in the maritime industry. Attend training sessions, workshops, and seminars to enhance technical skills and knowledge.
- Education: UK Level 5 awards (HND, Foundation degree) or higher in Engineering, Electronics, or equivalent related field.
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Field Service Engineer or similar role in the maritime industry preferred. Applicants from other industries (e.g., military, automotive) will be seriously considered.
- Technical Skills: Strong knowledge of electronic control systems. Familiarity with mechanical drive systems, bearings, and hydraulics.
- Troubleshooting and Diagnostic Skills: Proficient in identifying, analysing, and resolving technical issues in electronic control systems. Ability to use diagnostic tools and software effectively.
- Travel Flexibility: Willingness to travel extensively, both domestically and internationally, and work in challenging environments, including ships at sea.
- Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate technical information to customers and internal teams.
- Customer Focus: Strong customer service orientation with a dedication to delivering exceptional support and building long-term customer relationships.
- Team Player: Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and work independently with minimal supervision. Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
Join our team and be part of an exciting journey in the maritime industry. If you are passionate about the maritime sector, possess strong technical skills, and enjoy working in dynamic environments, we would love to hear from you.
Apply by Email: Martin Tuhill – firstname.lastname@example.org