| Carnival UK | Southampton, SO15 1ST | Full Time - Permanent |
The Superintendent (Technical, Electrical, HVAC & Engineering) positions are responsible for the management of significant engineering & business projects..
POSITION: Superintendent (Technical, Electrical, HVAC & Engineering)
LOCATION: Carnival House, Southampton, SO15 1ST, GB
AVERAGE WEEKLY HOURS: Full-time
We recognise the value in having people with a variety of backgrounds, experience and skills in our business. That means the role requirements here should be seen as a guide, not a checklist. If you have more, less or different experiences, but really relevant skills, we’d love to hear from you.
We work flexibly and will help you to find a healthy balance of remote working and time in our fantastic Southampton office, collaborating, taking part in events and getting to know people that makes working with us so rewarding. We welcome the opportunity to discuss reduced hours and job share arrangements.
The Superintendent (Technical, Electrical, HVAC & Engineering) positions are responsible for the management of significant engineering & business projects. Via effective project management, the roles require timely delivery of the various facilities projects. The successful person will:
- Be responsible for the identification and planning of key activies and project milestones
- Act as the key point of contact for the various maritime projects
- Identify resource requirements to implement a successful project plan
- Have oversight of the project budget, and ensure the forecast is met.
Our role categories range from CUK15 (entry level) to CUK1 (Brand President) so you can clearly see internal development opportunities. This role is a CUK07 and is offered on a full time, permanent position, with at least two days based in our Southampton office.
Fresh ideas and different perspectives are what excite us most and help us to succeed. Alongside bringing these to the role, you’ll also:
- Need to have extensive project management experience
- Ideally have cruise ship experience.
Being part of our team has its advantages…
We’re a holiday company so we know there’s more to life than work. Our comprehensive range of benefits are designed to help your personal and financial health and wellbeing.
- A friendly welcome with help settling in
- Home and office-based hybrid working (minimum two office days)
- Regular office events including live entertainment, lifestyle events and charity partner fundraisers
- Extensive learning and development opportunities
- Annual bonus
- Minimum 25 days leave, bank holiday allowance and holiday trading scheme
- Employee-led networks
- Employee Assistance and Wellbeing programmes
- Recognition scheme with prizes and awards
- Employee Discounted Cruising plus Friends and Family offers
- Contributory Defined Contribution Pension scheme
- Company paid private medical and dental insurance and health assessment
- In-house Occupational Health help and access to digital GP
- Life Assurance
- Parental and adoption leave
- Employee Shares Plan
- Electric Car and Cycle to Work schemes
- Onsite restaurant offering range of healthy cooked and grab and go meals
- Discounted retail and leisure via discounts portal
Please note: Being able to create unforgettable holiday happiness is a brilliant opportunity so we often receive high volumes of applications for our roles. In these cases we may close our job adverts early and aren’t able to consider applications once this happens.
Holidays are one of life’s greatest pleasures. Having the chance to relax, escape and explore is a magical thing. And there is no better holiday than a cruise.
No one knows cruising like Carnival UK, where talented people from across the globe come together to create unforgettable holiday happiness. As part of the world’s largest holiday travel and leisure company, we take enormous pride in bringing to life two of the most iconic brands from Britain’s rich seafaring heritage, P&O Cruises and Cunard. Collectively they have been delivering unbridled joy, boundless adventure and lifelong memories to millions of people for over 350 years. And in a multi-million pound global holiday market, where cruising has barely scratched the surface, we have the opportunity to do that for many, many more people.
Our diverse yet tight knit teams share high standards, heartfelt values and passion for our purpose. Our Culture Essentials describe the expectations we have for ourselves and of each other, in building a culture that supports safe, sustainable, compliant operations and celebrates diversity, equity and inclusion.
It’s through the successful delivery of these extraordinary travel experiences for our target markets and our distinctive culture, that we hope to become Travel’s Employer of Choice.
To keep everyone on board fit and well, colleagues who visit or work on our ships must be fully vaccinated. We’re reviewing this requirement regularly and you will be advised accordingly should requirements change.