Assistant Harbour Master
We are seeking an Assistant Harbour Master to join the growing team of one of the UK’s leading Port Authorities. Living within an hour of the above location you must have deep sea experience as well as knowledge of the safe and efficient management of the conservancy functions. Based in the Vessel Traffic Services Centre at Teesport the Assistant Harbour Master will work within a team of seven AHM’s to provide 24-hour service on a 12-hour shift basis.
This is a great opportunity to join one of the UK’s most forward-thinking port operations who greatly value their employees and encourage their career progression. The role would ideally suit a marine expert who has held a position as Chief Officer and above and who would prefer the opportunity to work on land as opposed to a sea faring life.
Key responsibility – Assistant Harbour Master:
- Operate, control and update the VTS system
- Supervise the shift VTS operator
- Enforce legislation on behalf of PD Teesport, including Acts of Parliament, Port Authority Bye-laws and codes of practice
- Gather and disseminate date/information regarding shipping movements and maritime safety
- Deal with enquiries from vessels, port users and customers
- Liaise closely with local and national emergency and security services to ensure protection of the river and port incident management
Candidate specification – Assistant Harbour Master:
- A senior marine qualification, at least Chief Officer rank
- An understanding of the Port Marine Safety Code, Merchant Shipping
- An understanding of IMO and Dangerous Goods Regulations would be desirable
- Excellent communications skills
- A self-starter with the ability to prioritise tasks to achieve deadlines
- Ability to work accurately under pressure and work effectively as part of a team
The company offer excellent terms and conditions of employment, relocation costs will be available, if appropriate.
If you are currently working as a Ships Master (deep sea), First Officer, Chief Officer, Chief Mate, Second Mate, Harbour Master. Inland Waterway Transportation Captain or Tug Pilot Master with deep sea experience this may be a great opportunity for you.
We are looking for a creative and motivated designer to join our award winning B2B media company wit... Read more
Whitaker tankers are a Hull based shipping company who have been in existence since 1880. Read more
Jenkins Marine are a family owned and run group of companies, established over 30 years. From our ba... Read more
An opportunity currently exists to join Briggs, an established company specialising in the supply of... Read more