Commercial / General Manager
Castle Pumps Ltd
Commercial / General Manager
£45,000 - £52,500 a year
Sutton Coldfield B76
Castle Pumps Ltd are a specialist worldwide supplier of Marine and Industrial pumps with strengths in the UK Marine and Industrial Marketplace. Castle Pumps are looking for a General Manager to help support the overall running of the business, as well as have a responsibility alongside the directors, for the strategic plan of the company. The Company is independent operating within a larger group of privately-owned companies. This role offers the autonomy of running a small business, whilst having the support and financial backing of a larger entity.
The successful candidate will lead an internal team of Technical Sales Engineers across two offices in Sutton Coldfield and Nottingham with some having the ability to visit customers/suppliers both in the UK and overseas if required. As well as managing a sales and marketing business day to day, they will oversee the Castle Pumps part of a shared stocking facility with both daily incoming and outgoing shipments, with this could include the recruitment of an expanding team.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record managing a growing team, with strong communication skills and a hands-on approach to running a small business.
- The Day to day responsibilities and General Management of a group business unit covering the multidiscipline of Sales, Purchasing and logistics
- Managing the company sales targets and budgets whilst maximising margins (working with group)
- Managing a team of Technical Sales Engineers
- Specifying correct pump solutions for customers
- Managing and negotiating with Principal suppliers
- Identify growth areas for the business for both products and market segments
- Working with group marketing on sales strategies both UK and worldwide
- Managing the business processes and workflow
- Managing risks within the business with Group Finance and Group MD
- Previously held a managerial position, preferably in an industrial product environment, and be technically competent
- Managed a multidisciplinary team incorporating Sales, Purchasing and Logistics.
- The ability to plan sales campaigns which feature both customer, markets and product target areas
- Experience and understanding of the importance of digital marketing
- Excellent communication and one to one managerial experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and power point packages
- An understanding of Management Financial Accounts
- This is a genuine opportunity for the right candidate to be part of the next stage growth of the business.
- Bonus scheme
Castle Pumps Ltd are a specialist worldwide supplier of Marine and Industrial pumps with strengths i... Read more
Are you looking to work within the manufacturing department of Small Boats, repairing a wide range o... Read more
Portland Harbour operates a fleet of 3 harbour tugs, two pilot boats and a number of smaller craft o... Read more
We are looking for a creative and motivated designer to join our award winning B2B media company wit... Read more
We are looking for a talented, experienced Sales Manager to join our award winning B2B media company... Read more