Marine Marine Operations Manager for Aggregates
Marine Operations Manager for Aggregates
Working at Hanson is about being part of something big – with more than 300 sites across the UK and over 3,500 employees in a wide range of roles, Hanson has opportunities for all.
Belonging to the international HeidelbergCement Group which has a leading global position in aggregates, cement and concrete, everyone is part of one team that is committed to achieving the companys visions. Our staff understand that what we do is much more than “just” produce materials, we are vital to ensuring that roads can be built and maintained, we form the foundations of buildings such as hospitals and we are part of major projects that will shape the future of the UK. One of our key aims is to be a leading sustainable business that is committed to being fair, respectful and inclusive. Hanson is an equal opportunities employer.
Description of Team / Department
- As part of Hanson Aggregates Marine, to contribute to the safe, efficient and profitable operation of the company's vessels in accordance with applicable legislation and company policies and objectives.
- To provide operational support to the Fleet Management Team and company vessels.
- To coordinate and review internal and external audits across the whole fleet
- To carry out investigation as and when required
- Together with the Production and Resource Management Teams ensure company objectives with regards to meeting customer satisfaction concerning product quality and consistency are met.
Purpose of / Responsibilities of the role
- To provide to the company and vessels technical navigation and nautical advice on relevant legislation, equipment, standards and procedures.
- To assume the legal role of DPA and CSO.
- To assume statutory role of Designated Person Ashore for the company's Safety Management System and through it to ensure ongoing compliance with international and national rules and regulations. To participate in the formation and evolution of the SMS.
- Issuing ship notices, fleet directives, manage company emergency drills.
- Managing ship certification – including database management.
- Organise and review internal and external audits across the fleet and the safety management system
- To provide monthly reports to Fleet Management Team.
Skills / Experience
High degree of commercial awareness.
Must have significant seafaring experience in senior role, preferably as Master
Experience working in shore based ship management required
Working in marine aggregate industry distinct advantage
Must hold a full driving licence
Must be eligible for residence and free movement within the EU
Excellent Remuneration and Benefits
- Ongoing training and development and opportunities to help further your career.
- A comprehensive structured induction programme.
- Experience within a well-respected global market leader.
- Pension with generous contributions from Hanson.
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more.
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Cycle to work and voluntary Life assurance.
SVITZER is the largest global company within towage and related services. We employ over 4000 employ... Read more
To support the Harbour Master in the day to day management of Comhairle harbours, piers and slipways... Read more
An opportunity currently exists to join Briggs, an established company specialising in the supply of... Read more
Working at Hanson is about being part of something big – with more than 300 sites across the UK and ... Read more
The Hinkley Point C Project is one of the largest infrastructure projects in Europe. During the busi... Read more