Media Sales Executive
Media Sales Executive
£22k - £25k basic with OTE £36k+ (uncapped)
We are looking for an experienced Sales Executive to join our award winning B2B media company. Mercator Media produces leading specialist magazines, exhibitions, conferences and websites, predominantly serving the Commercial Marine sector with pan-European and international audiences.
Our clients range from large international equipment manufacturers and suppliers, media agencies through to family-run vessel operators. The company is in an exciting growth stage, launching new events in the USA and east Asia plus a range of new digital services. This is a unique opportunity for a driven Sales Executive to join a great B2B media company.
- Plan and carry out sales activities to maintain and develop sales of our digital and print advertising product portfolio to UK and international accounts.
- Provide a structured, consultative sales approach providing solutions to new and existing client’s needs.
- Extensive client and relationship development to meet and exceed KPI’s and targets.
- Sourcing and creating new business sales opportunities via outbound calls.
- Attending exhibitions and events to network, build client relationships and create new client opportunities.
Essential Skills & Attributes:
- Proven experience as a Sales, Media Sales or B2B Sales Executive. Ideally with experience working in a B2B media environment selling multi-platform solutions including print and digital advertising to existing and new clients. Events and conference sales experience is a benefit.
- Effective sales techniques and skills demonstrated by a successful track record of exceeding targets and goals in B2B sales.
- Strong organisational skills to track client opportunity, relationship management and sales pipeline management.
- A positive, can do attitude with a willingness and ability to deliver both personal and team targets and KPI’s.
- The ability and confidence to approach & converse with clients with varying levels of seniority.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills allied to strong presentation skills primarily via telephone but also face to face at events.
- The ability to rise to a challenge and demonstrate a positive, can-do attitude.
- Show initiative and be able to work collaboratively. It is essential that you are an enthusiastic team player, and be prepared to go the extra mile to ensure success.
- A proficient user of Microsoft Office applications.
Second language is desirable, but not essential. The role will be office based, and may require overseas travel.
Mercator Media Ltd is a family-friendly, equal opportunity employer, based in modern open offices just off the M27 in Fareham, Hampshire. Established in 1989, the company has over 55 employees. Mercator prides itself on recognising and rewarding talent. Our “people” are our greatest asset and we heavily invest in staff development, training and growth within the organisation.
Deadline for applications is 17th October 2018. To apply, send CV, with covering email outlining your experience and why you feel this would be an appropriate role for you to Syreeta Boulton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Northern Marine are currently seeking an Instrument Technician for a short term contract with one of... Read more
We have an opportunity for qualified and experienced individuals to join our pool of marine consulta... Read more
Thames Luxury Charters is currently seeking an experienced Skipper to join our crew working on board... Read more
Here at Associated British Ports we are currently recruiting for a Deputy Harbour Master/Pilot at ou... Read more
Marine Engineer/Fitter required to support the Maintenance, Service and Installation requirements ac... Read more