Due to the current and future workload requirements within BMT, we are looking for Naval Architects to join our Naval Architecture team within our Design and Engineering Business.
As a member of the team, you will offer high-level technical expertise and professionalism to clients and partners, as well as developing new business and contributing to our internal R&D work on future design concepts.
We are looking for candidates who have the following;
- A relevant degree such as Naval Architecture or Marine Engineering.
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer status with a recognised professional body or a demonstrable route to achieve this.
- Experience completing intact and damage stability analysis ideally with Paramarine or NAPA software.
- Experience completing structural calculations and use of Classification Society rule sets.
- Good understanding of design and interpretation of drawings - able to correctly interpret General Arrangement, structural and other ship system drawings.
- Experience completing basic resistance and propulsion calaculations.
- Dedication to providing first-class service to our clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
The following experience is desirable but not essential;
- Experience of Naval Ship design, operation and /or support
- Knowledge of UK MoD procurement procedures
- Ability to undertake FEA analysis
- Ability to conduct CFD analysis
Due to continued expansion, Interocean Marine Services Limited, part of the Rigmar Group, is seeking... Read more
Looking for a challenging and rewarding career with a market leader? Maritime Transport is one of th... Read more
Due to the current and future workload requirements within BMT, we are looking for Naval Architects ... Read more
Here at Associated British Ports in South Wales we are currently recruiting for a General Purpose Ma... Read more
To play an active roll with the rest of the team in providing a first-class service on board of all ... Read more