Marine Specialised Technology
£50k - £60k per year + Pension
Are you an Operations Manager looking to join a growing manufacturing company and be a part of their exciting journey whilst holding a position with real opportunity to progress? The organisation is unique in that it can genuinely operate with “big business” thinking at strategic level but with equal flexibility and adaptability of “small organisation”: As a result this new role will be a unique challenge requiring both “big business/ strategic/ high level” outlook coupled with equally important hands on “in the detail” when needed.
MST is looking for an experienced individual with an Operations background or Head of a Business Unit who can manage and deliver allocated project(s)within a strict timescale. The Business Unit for management is primarily a service and maintenance business, with adhoc design projects.
The Operations Manager must have experience managing successful projects from concept design phases through to commissioning and client handover of craft. It will be beneficial to have worked within marine small craft, aerospace, automotive, or similar sectors.
- Monitoring and analysing the current system of production or provision to check it’s effective, and working out a strategy for improving if necessary.
- Manage day to day activities analysing statistics, reading and writing reports
- Present report findings to Directors
- Train and Supervise new Team members
- Track staff performance
- Interact with Managers from various Departments
- Planning and controlling change
- Manage quality assurance programmes
- Research new technologies and alternative methods of efficiency
- Reviewing budgets and managing costs
- Adjust schedules as needed
- Working with managers to implement the company's policies and goals;
- Motivating teams of Managers
- Key holder duties
- Any other reasonable requests from management
- Support MST Group in all activities
- May be required to work longer hours during periods of change
- Retain accountability for end process of project delivery from cradle to grave.
- Plan, organise and chair cross functional meetings.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Adaptable with experience in running a batch production plant
- Experience with production scheduling on a computer based system is essential.
- Whilst not essential experience, in the Marine ‘Small Craft’ sector would be highly beneficial
- Knowledge of UK MoD Contracting would be desirable
- An interest in Marine Water Craft or Served in the Navy
- Able to develop and foster trust within the project team and actively supports open sharing
of problems and issues across the entire project team .
- High level of personal accountability for own responsibilities and actions, keen to develop
this constructively in others.
- Able to achieve exceptional results through effective management and influencing of people
and teams both inside and outside the business.
- Adaptable and Flexible to both people and situations where appropriate on a daily basis.
- Effective operator at varying levels of organisations (internally and externally), able to tailor
communication style, content and delivery to achieve desired results with target audience.
- Tenacious and not easily deterred.
- Able to challenge constructively and personally offer drive for improvement.
- Self-motivated and able to develop this trait in others, with high level of attention to detail.
- Able to assess the strengths and development needs of the team and offer tailored
situational leadership that maximises output from all teams and individuals.
- Understand the fundamentals of the purpose of the project manager.
Qualifications, Competence, Knowledge and Experience Required
- Excellent in organisation and planning
- Ensure health, safety and welfare of all employees and MST visitors
- The capacity to grasp the MST ethos and product range;
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communicate skills with Managers, Clients and all employees
The ability to work under pressure and motivate others to meet tight deadlines;
- A high level of IT literacy including experience in using MS project, MS word, MS excel and
the ability to quickly learn and adapt to MST’s custom MRP system
- Time served experience of above
- Experience of working within the marine industry
- Understanding of HR/Quality policies & procedures within a manufacturing workshop
How to apply:
Please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Friday 30 November 2018
Our client is currently looking for a Naval Architect for a new exciting Offshore floating Solar Sys... Read more
To assist the Harbour Master in undertaking the operation and maintenance of the Uig Harbour, its en... Read more
We are looking for an experienced and talented Editor to join our leading, award winning B2B media c... Read more
Joining the Wisbech Port Authority Marine Services team, this exciting opportunity will see you work... Read more
Are you a diligent, committed and focused person with exceptional leadership skills gained in the ma... Read more