Briggs Marine Contractors Ltd
An opportunity currently exists to join Briggs, an established company specialising in the supply of Marine and Environmental services.
Principal Responsibilities Include;
- Supervising and Co-ordinating Deckhands.
- Supporting the Captain in the management of staff performance, training and development.
- Report writing – Company and Investigatory.
- Ensuring compliance with the Company Safety Management System.
- Actively participate and support vessel safety drills and emergency procedures.
- Acting as and assuming the responsibilities of Mate where necessary.
- Ensure safe mooring and unmooring of the vessels.
- Coordinating passengers and vehicles at the terminal.
- Operating the linkspans when required.
- Significant Deckhand experience on a large passenger vessel.
- Extensive maritime regulatory knowledge and current industry trends
- Knowledge and experience of vessel emergency procedures and on-board lifesaving equipment.
- Boatmasters Licence Tier 1 Level 2 with Local Knowledge and Large Passenger Vessel Endorsements or equivalent.
- ML5 Seafarer Medical Certificate or equivalent.
- Following STCW 95 certificates;
- Personal Survival Techniques
- Fire Prevention and Fighting
- First Aid
- Small ships Navigation and Radar
- Crowd control and crisis management
- ISM familiarisation
The Senior Deckhand will work a shift rota system for this role and the successful candidate will provide relief for similar positions on other vessels. This is a shore based role.
You will receive an excellent package commensurate with your experience and the opportunity for career development within the organisation.
To apply, please send your CV, in confidence, to our Recruitment Team by email or by post:
Briggs Marine and Environmental Services,
Burntisland Fife KY3 9AX
We are looking for a creative and motivated designer to join our award winning B2B media company wit... Read more
Whitaker tankers are a Hull based shipping company who have been in existence since 1880. Read more
Jenkins Marine are a family owned and run group of companies, established over 30 years. From our ba... Read more
An opportunity currently exists to join Briggs, an established company specialising in the supply of... Read more