MECAL is a leading UK Certifying Authority authorised by the MCA & other Red Ensign Group Flags to survey & certificate commercial vessels & workboats up to 24M Load Line Length
We have recently moved to brand new offices in Oceansgate in Plymouth, part of England’s first Marine Enterprise Zone.
We have a register of 1600 coded vessels & a team of 90 subcontracted surveyors/naval architects worldwide, managed under our ISO9001 2015 QC accreditation
We are already a successful consultancy, with specialities including hybrid & autonomous vessels & wish to continue our expansion into the wider marine sector.
We are looking for a highly motivated person who is an experienced surveyor who has achieved or is on the path to achieving chartered status with IMarEST or RINA.
The role will be mainly office based but with some survey work in UK & abroad.
The successful candidate will be a dynamic & commercially aware individual with highly developed communication skills.
He or she will be responsible to our CEO/Chief Surveyor & will join him, the Financial Director, Business Manager & our technical admin staff in taking MECAL forward in our continuing development.
Duties to include:
* Develop and manage existing client relationships
* Manage projects to agreed budgets and programmes and in accordance with the company’s QA procedures
* Supervise subcontracted surveyors, engineers & other specialists & technical admin staff within the office
* Act as mentor to newly appointed technical staff & subcontract surveyors
* Identify and pursue additional work opportunities
* Participate in general marketing activities
* Keep up to date with technical standards and related issues.
* Scrutinise technical reports from the field
* Work with Business Manager in identifying business growth and risks
* Develop our surveyor training policy through liaison with MCA & other Certifying Authorities
* Write training course/module content & expand our Mecal Internal Guidance for Examiners (MIGNEs)
* Supporting admin with technical assistance
* Represent Mecal at the various MCA/CA technical & professional standards meetings & working groups
The average working week will be 37hrs but on occasion there will be a requirement for working outside of “normal” hours
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications & experience & with attractive benefits including bonus scheme linked to individual & company performance
To apply please submit your CV and summary of why you think you would suit this position to Vicki Solomon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a marine engineer, you will be part of a team carrying out refit and repair work on existing craf... Read more
A&P operate a fleet of 3 harbour tugs from The Docks facility in Falmouth, Cornwall, and we are look... Read more
MECAL is a leading UK Certifying Authority authorised by the MCA & other Red Ensign Group Flags to s... Read more
Newhaven Port & Properties Ltd are the Statutory and Competent Harbour Authority for the Port of New... Read more
The Port of London Authority (PLA) is the statutory harbour authority for the tidal Thames and we ar... Read more