Burgess Marine and EAPL partnership
Burgess Marine and EAPL will operate Ramsgate Slipways
UK-based ship repairer Burgess Marine and European Active Projects Ltd (EAPL) have partnered up to jointly manage and operate Ramsgate Slipways.
The 50/50 joint venture is designed to restore both commercial confidence and support for the local customer base.
“The site will undergo investment and the local customer base is keen. By working with Burgess Marine we are covering all the bases,” said Steve Jones, the managing director of EAPL.
He continued: “The reality is that we can comfortably manage the smaller ‘splash and dash’ docking right the way up to major ship repair projects.”
Its main asset is its 60m long No.1 slipway which has a maximum 12m beam and a 350 tonne displacement.
Both companies will provide workshops locally to aim to guarantee quick response times and a professional service.
Nicholas Warren, chief executive officer of Burgess Marine, explained: “We want to support local operators, the port, wind farm support vessels, passing tonnage and with Brexit we’ll potentially be better value for money than docking on the continent too.”
“Ramsgate Slipways is geographically proven and we genuinely look forward to working with EAPL and developing the business further.”
The site will be jointly managed by John Webb and Geoff Barrett from Burgess Marine, as well as Andy Corbett from EAPL.
By Alice Mason
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- New ship repair facility in Portsmouth
- Burgess Marine beating the Brexit blues
- Burgess Marine and EAPL partnership
- Vessel repair partnership
- Wizards of Oz
- Burgess Marine acquires Testbank Ship Repair
- PB Asher joins forces with Burgess Marine
- Burgess does double repair contract signings
- Burgess Marine and Mainprize Offshore revolutionises WFSV
- Burgess Marine & Mainprize Offshore sign
- Burgess Marine signs with Mainprize Offshore
- New building initiative to ‘revolutionise’ industry
- Burgess Marine acquires Meercat Workboats
- Burgess expands into new build
- Dry dock for Burgess Marine
- Nick Warren: Burgess Marine Group
- Burgess/ Turks partnership
- Burgess Marine: You’re Hired!
- Burgess Marine expansion