ABB on show
ABB Remote Operation Center, Oslo
Switzerland-headquartered power specialist ABB Limited, along with one of its authorised value providers MJR Power & Automation will be showcasing latest developments from ABB Marine and Ports at Seawork International.
This will include the HES880 drive system which is a solution for compact hybrid propulsion and the 2017 European Maritime Engineering Award-winning ABB Marine Remote Diagnostics and Collaborative Operations Centers.
The company will also be offering insights into ABB AbilityTM, the initiative which is unlocking group-wide expertise in network connectivity and digital technologies, by developing a solutions and services portfolio that addresses real business problems and opportunities. This allows operating the fleet at lower fuel and maintenance cost, while improving crew, passenger, and cargo safety and productivity.
ABB Ability’sTM next-generation digital solutions and services are being developed and built on Microsoft’s leading Azure cloud platform, based on a strategic partnership with the software company.
The group sees itself as emerging from being a ‘hidden digital champion’, and becoming ‘the partner of choice for customers embarking on a digital transformation’. The maritime and offshore segment is ripe for such transformation, and digital offerings provided within ABB AbilityTM encompass the remote monitoring services, energy management and routing optimization tools developed for shipping fleets. ABB has also opened five collaborative operations centres to provide remote support by ABB technicians for monitored systems and engineers on board ship.
Visit ABB limited at Seawork International 2017 on stand PG125.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- ABB on show
- SeaSkill certificate for ABB Marine Academy
- ABB Azipod polar paper
- ABB launches 'linear flow' Azipod
- Carbon eco cat picks up SMM gong
- ‘Installer’ renewal
- Orkney’s EU funding
- 25 years of Azipod propulsion
- Hybrid nature tourism vessel
- ABB’s new Remote Condition Monitoring
- Engineering award for Azipod D
- ABB hybrid for Torghatten Trafikkselskap
- Hybrid power for Norwegian Fjords
- ABB to promote ‘cold ironing’ in UK
- Powering up for Seafloor Production
- First DC power grid on board a ship
- Powerful provision for Walney windfarm
- ABB ups the ante in fuel efficiency
- Motion monitoring for heavy lift giant
- Cradling the new deliveries from Helsinki
- Offshore wind platform under build in Dubai
- Propulsion package for Russian rescue ships
- ABB wins Danish windfarm cable system order
- MeyGen gets go-ahead
- Motors e-book
- LNG fast ferry
- Smaller Azipod thruster
- The world’s most sophisticated ocean simulator
- Hybrid awards
- DolWin1 offshore wind energy link hand over
- Crane simulator investment
- ABB reaches offshore milestone
- State-of-the-art cable layer
- New ABB R&D lab