Stern gear package for wind farm boat
‘Samson B’ is the latest Lyme Boats newbuild to be equipped with stern gear from Clements Marine.
Bedfordshire UK based Clement Marine has supplied propellers and stern gear to equip a newbuild for Fred Buckingham’s Penzance based Wind Wave Workboats.
Since January 2008, Wind Wave Workboats has been operating in the Burbo Bank Wind Farm. Its first vessel, the 12m catamaran, Pamela P, has been employed for personnel transfer, diving support, monopile cleaning, and surveying by Siemens and DONG Energy.
The design for its new vessel is one of Lyme Boats own in-house designs, based on the popular Vigilante aluminium catamaran design. The vessel, Samson B, is 17.5m LOA and fitted with a pair of Caterpillar C18 engines.
The five blade Clements propellers and stern gear fitted helped the vessel achieve a top speed of 27 knots, to the delight of the new owners.
Working closely with both Lyme Boats design requirements and the engine manufacturers, Clements Marine supplied a complete solution for all the stern gear, rudder gear and propellers. Clements Marine was present at the sea trials to check and oversee the correct functioning of the propellers.
The vessel is now in use at a busy offshore wind farm off the coast of Barrow In Furness,in the East Irish Sea.
Clements’ managing director Paul Williams said, ‘We have worked with Lyme Boats for many years and we have been delighted to be involved with these recent projects. Clements Marine products have been proved time and again in a wide range of circumstances and it is great when a client returns to us it’s a good sign they are happy with our products and service.’
Clements Marine has supplied propellers and stern gear for all Lyme Boat builds and has developed a strong working relationship with the team. Clements has also supplied the propellers and stern gear for a new P&O workboat which has just been launched.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Stern gear provision moves forward at Seawork
- Careful consideration for hand crafted props
- Optimised propulsion for Seawork exhibition boat
- Rapid repairs keep workboat fleet mobile
- New propeller deal for RNLI Trent Class
- Propulsion performance provided at Seawork
- Stern gear package for wind farm boat
- Prop repair boosts tug’s pushing power
- Popular stern gear on show at Seawork
- Stern gear gives economy to windfarm Workcat
- Bespoke propeller helps barge transit the Wye
- New propellers for Wisbech tug
- Clements Engineering invests
- Stern gear package for Dunkirk hero
- Gearing up for Seawork