Stern gear provision moves forward at Seawork
Clements Marine supplied the entire stern gear package for the research vessel RV Actinia.
Seaway Marine of Macduff has recently launched the new 11m survey and research Vessel, RV Actinia, for Scotland’s University Marine Biological Station, which is located on the eastern shore of the Isle of Cumbrae in the Firth of Clyde.
RV Actinia is equipped and finished to unique, exact requirements in order for it to carry out its duties in coastal waters.
Seawork 2010 exhibitor Clements Marine supplied a total stern gear package to the vessel, including their specialist four blade Hyperform propellers.
Supplying to a varied range of vessels means that Clements Marine customises each package of stern gear to their clients’ requirements. Often used in harsh environments, the propellers and stern gear are built to the highest standards in Clements Marine’s Bedfordshire UK facility, where all products undergo rigorous product testing before installation.
Paul Williams managing director of Clements Marine said, ‘Regardless of if itis a high performance leisure craft or a commercial vessel such as RV Actinia, each vessel has the same requirements for its propellers and stern gear, fuel
efficiency, reliability and improved performance. This is something that Clements Marine can deliver.’
Clements Marine products are designed and manufactured using modern CAE techniques and are supplied extensively throughout the marine leisure and commercial sectors. Clements Marine products are used by many boat manufacturers for navies and port authorities worldwide. The company supplies vessels built under specialist service craft rules such as Lloyds Register of Shipping, Norske Veritas and Germanischer Lloyd.
To find out how Clements Marine can meet your specifications, visit Stand 154 at Seawork 2010.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Stern gear provision moves forward at Seawork
- Careful consideration for hand crafted props
- Optimised propulsion for Seawork exhibition boat
- Rapid repairs keep workboat fleet mobile
- New propeller deal for RNLI Trent Class
- Propulsion performance provided at Seawork
- Stern gear package for wind farm boat
- Prop repair boosts tug’s pushing power
- Popular stern gear on show at Seawork
- Stern gear gives economy to windfarm Workcat
- Bespoke propeller helps barge transit the Wye
- New propellers for Wisbech tug
- Clements Engineering invests
- Stern gear package for Dunkirk hero
- Gearing up for Seawork