Yarmouth Rose launched and in service
The vessel carries a Category 2 Code of Practice Licence, enabling it to be used as a workboat out of season
The latest Needles Pleasure Cruises craft has been launched and is now in service, powered by Doosan engines supplied by WaterMota.
Yarmouth Rose has been built by Trinity Boats as a Class VI passenger vessel for the Isle of Wight based Needles Pleasure Cruises to provide pleasure trips to view the Needles Rock and Lighthouse from Alum Bay together with ferry trips between Yarmouth and Lymington.
The vessel is 15.25m in length, manufactured from GRP and based on the rugged, well proven Kingfisher K50 moulds and designs purchased from Kingfisher Boats Ltd by Trinity Boats.
The vessel carries a Category 2 Code of Practice Licence, enabling it to be used as a workboat out of season, allowing Needles Pleasure Cruises to capitalise on the craft’s versatility and adaptability.
Designed and customised for Needles Pleasure Cruises, the vessel features twin L136 Doosan engines and D-I reversing gearboxes with 2.06:1 reduction ratio supplied by WaterMota, UK and Ireland distributor for Doosan and D-I.
"We're very excited to have taken delivery of Yarmouth Rose, said Peter Lemonius of Needles Pleasure Cruises. “In searching the market for a new vessel we were only considering a boat of a proven design, with good sea keeping capabilities and the ability to withstand hard punishment. The K50 have proven their worth in the domestic passenger boat industry in harsh areas of the UK and had to be a preferred choice."
Tony Fryer, WaterMota sales manager added: “Doosan is a very popular choice for ferries and pleasure cruisers. The engines are very easy to maintain and have very good power to weight ratio without sacrificing any reliability.
“The unsophisticated design allows for many interchangeable parts between different models and ratings, which helps improve overall availability of spares.”
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- More Daewoos to Choose at London Boat Show
- WaterMota Motivates Back to Seawork
- See How Daewoo Do It at seawork
- Cleopatra Gets a New Agent for Seawork
- Duo Service Newbuild Ferries
- Daewoo Deal Done in Rotterdam
- Lots to Doosan at Seawork 2008
- See what’s new with Watermota at Seawork 2010
- See the new SeasAll engines at Seawork
- See WaterMota everywhere at Seawork
- Seawork success as WaterMota hits century
- WhisperPower appoints WaterMota for UK
- WaterMota displays latest engines at Seawork
- WaterMota success at Seawork
- Doosan doing it right for wind farm vessels
- Doosans do nicely for Nigerian tug
- Seawork stalwart continues to expand network
- New Hyundai SeasAll engine debut at Seawork
- WaterMota sells at Seawork
- Yarmouth Rose launched and in service
- Doosan power does it for Eileen McLoughlin
- Svitzer Leven – A neat solution for waste disposal
- Seawork contributes to WaterMota’s success
- Fuel efficient ferries powering to Malta
- WaterMota prepares for Seawork first
- Sea Fox is powered by Doosan
- Full Hyundai SeasAll range on show
- Doosan chosen for SH50
- Doosan chosen for Scottish Sea Farms latest vessel
- WaterMota Romania continues expansion
- Diving into a niche
- Looking for dealers