NavCad enhanced with new prediction functionality
HydroComp's hull design prediction software NavCad has been recently enhanced. NavCad provides critical feedback for early-stage design.
For hydrodynamic design and analysis of ships and other marine vehicles, design engineers sometimes turn to NavCad for the prediction of attainable speed and range, power demand, fuel consumption, even noise.
New features available in NavCad 2018: Standard and Premium
* New Software-Based security options (omitting the need for a USB dongle)
* Substantial time savings running calculations
* Scale correction for improvements to full-scale MAU propeller performance prediction
* Calculation of mass fuel rate
* Improved hull-propulsor prediction for submarine and SWATH
* “Longitudinal Wave Source” plot for the “Advanced Distributed Volume Method” (ADVM), which shows longitudinal shape influence on wave-making resistance [Premium]
* Support for dual-fuel (MGO, MDO, HFO, LNG) [Premium]
* Prediction of CO2 greenhouse gas [Premium]
The new NavCad Premium Edition features for dual fuel, calculation of CO2 production, and the longitudinal wave source plots are claimed to be particularly suited to LNG vessels.
NavCad claims to allow the user to achieve simulation of the whole Hull-Propulsor-Drive-Engine system in seconds, not hours
By Jake Frith
Latest Press Releases
Damen Workboat Show is rebranded as Damen Maritime Festival Read more
Van Wijngaarden Marine Services places order for its first Damen Multi Cat DP1 Read more
InvaSave proves ready to help vessel owners in time for Ballast Water Management Convention deadline
The InvaSave mobile ballast water treatment system from Damen Green Solutions has demonstrated beyon... Read more
The SMS Group, one of the country’s leading ship repairers and marine engineering services providers... Read more
Delivery of two ASDs increases DLEN’s fleet to six Damen tugs Read more
On 22 August, Damen Shipyards Antalya had the pleasure of a visit by members of the Welsh national r... Read more