Briggs Marine gets a new addition
Briggs Marine's ‘Forth Trojan’
Scottish marine contractor Briggs Marine and Environmental Services has further strengthened its marine operations capabilities with the addition of a new 25m multicat to its fleet.
The Forth Trojan is powered by two Caterpillar 3508TA main engines with a total power of 1558 bhp for a bollard pull of 23.5 tonnes and speed of 9.8 knots. Briggs Marine purchased the 25.37m multicat from Smit Transport Europe. The vessel was previously known as Smit Bever and was constructed in the Netherlands by Scheepswerf Damen Bergum BV in 1995.
The Forth Trojan has been in operation since August and has recently been engaged in barge handling operations in connection with Great Yarmouth outer harbour works. Its acquisition takes Briggs Marine’s fleet to over 40 vessels making the company one of the largest operators of workboat vessels in the UK. The company’s fleet includes multicats, tugs, crane barges, survey boats and anchor handling vessels.
Collieson Briggs, managing director, Briggs Marine and Environmental Services, said: “Over the past five years Briggs Marine has made over £20m capital investment in expanding and upgrading our fleet. This investment reflects our commitment to continually improving and enhancing our vessel offering in order to consistently deliver quality, safety and vessel versatility to our clients.”
Briggs Marine recently lent its expertise to an operation to recover a wrecked motor cruiser off the coast of Fife in Scotland. The 52ft vessel, known as MV Princess Pauline, ran aground at high tide near Crail in July after missing a course alteration. The vessel had recently undergone a complete refurbishment by a new private owner following over 50 years’ service as an RNLI lifeboat, under the name of Princess Alexandra of Kent.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- First ORC for Liverpool
- Briggs Marine expands at Liverpool port
- Production begins for low-emission London ferries
- Cable repair contracts increase Briggs Marine’s turnover
- Woolwich ferry replacements
- Marine aids to navigation around offshore wind farms
- Liverpool pilot vessel hydraulic repairs
- New Multi Cat for Briggs Marine
- Multi Cat for Briggs Marine
- 'Royal Oak' Oil Removal Continues
- Scots Prepare Taiwan for Oil Spill
- Briggs Marine Wins Scapa Flow Oil Recovery Contract
- Briggs' Foresight Sees 'British Shield' Vessel Deliver the Goods at 'Prestige ' Spill Response
- Wind Blows Briggs' Way
- Briggs raises its game with three new vessels
- Briggs Lands Three Year Scots Submarine Cable Contract
- Work Resumes on Warship Oil Removal
- Safety Rewarded
- Briggs Marine Contractors Bolsters Fleet
- Daewoo Re-Power for 'Forth Constructor'
- Briggs Lands Three Year APT Marine Services Contract
- Marine Works Underway on Small Scottish Isles
- Contractor/ Military Co-Operation Raises Lost Aircraft
- Mustang delivers first CSV for Briggs
- TTA forms to promote River Thames safety
- Briggs Marine gets a new addition
- Briggs scores £50m ferry contract
- Coastal Guardians fleet now fully deployed
- New diving division for Briggs