The Dredging for Sustainable Infrastructure Conference, hosted by CEDA and the IADC, will take place in Amsterdam on 19-20 November 2018.
The conference will address the increasing expectation that infrastructure projects should add value, beyond just the economic aspect, to the natural environment and the society in which they will serve. As a result, those responsible for the planning, delivering or operating of hydraulic infrastructure works with a dredging component must be up to date on current thinking regarding sustainable dredging. This event will thus focus on the sustainable benefits benefits being delivered as part of waterborne infrastructure projects.
The two day conference will be based on the forthcoming CEDA-IADC guidebook Dredging for Sustainable Infrastructure, which will be available in November 2018. Selected from the multi-disciplinary team of authors who contributed to the publication, the speakers will be industry experts, scientists, practitioners and project owners with backgrounds in engineering and environmental sciences as well as decades of relevant experience. There will be many opportunities for participants to engage with each other during the programme, enhancing knowledge exchange and transfer.
Key topics to be covered include:
- Integrating dredging into sustainable development
- Applying the concept of sustainability to water infrastructure development
- Identifying key enablers for successful sustainable infrastructure development
- Executing creative solutions through multi-disciplinary collaboration
- Assessing and managing sustainability in relation to dredging
- Reviewing dredging and construction operations
- Managing dredged sediments for win-win solutions
- Modelling for project initiation, planning and design
- Monitoring: collecting field data that is fit for purpose, proportional and relevant
The conference venue will be the prestigious Beurs van Berlage, the former stock exchange and a nationally listed building reputed to be the finest conference centre in Amsterdam. Blocks of hotel rooms for delegates have been arranged at preferential rates. For further information contact the CEDA Secretariat at www.dredging.org or the IADC Secretariat at www.iadc-dredging.com.
By Larz Bourne