A range of disc couplings utilize disc packs with 6, 8 or 10 bolt designs. Used wherever reliable torque transmission is called for, even in cases of often unavoidable shaft misalignment.
They are universally applicable over a temperature range of from -50°C (or even as low as -60°C on request) up to +280°C, are torsionally rigid, free of torsional backlash and enable quiet running at a constant angular velocity. They are wear-free and maintenance-free and, if correctly fitted, can be expected to have an unlimited service life.
An optimised plate pack and a reworked component part design enable even higher torques and speeds to be transmitted.
Attributes of the Disc Coupling Range:
- Eliminates the need for lubrication and coupling maintenance.
- Coupling can be inspected without disassembly.
- Condition of disc packs can be inspected with a strobe light while the machine is running. (Note: It is not recommended that couplings be operated without coupling guards.)
- Easy to assess equipment misalignment.
- Torsionally rigid without any backlash.
- No wearing parts.
- Resistance to harsh environments.
- Long life when properly sized and aligned.
- High power density (higher torque for a given outside diameter).
- Meet the requirement of API 610. Couplings in accordance with API 671 are also possible.
- ATEX Certified on request.
- Attributes of the disc coupling range.
- Steps in selecting a disc coupling.
- Application service factors selection data.
- Technical specification catalogue.
- Fill in work sheet for help to specify coupling.
Please visit www.jbj.co.uk/disc-couplings.html
For more information contact
jbj Techniques Limited
firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
T: 01737 767493 I F: 01737 772041