New diving division for Briggs
Briggs Marine has established a commercial diving division
The UK's Briggs Marine has launched a new in-house commercial diving division which will allow its 40 vessel fleet to conduct diving services as part of the company’s expanding portfolio of services.
Lorraine Innes at Briggs Marine told Maritime Journal that the company already has an established client base (in the cable, salvage and survey sectors) that require air diving services.
“By bringing this service in-house we can now offer customers a bespoke holistic package. Our new diving division further strengths our ties with our clients and expands our offering to new customers,” she said.
To this end, Alistair Blue has also been appointed as new dive superintendent to head up the new division. Mr Blue said: “The move to bringing diving in-house ensures our clients can be confident that safety, quality and environmental accreditations, synonymous with Briggs, are upheld through our projects.”
Briggs is a full member of the ADC, registered contractors with the UK Health & Safety Executive (HSE) and IMCA. It also holds accreditations for ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001.
The company has over forty years’ experience in providing a full spectrum of marine contracting and environmental services to clients across a range of industries – this includes coastal and near shore operations as well as offshore and subsea with services ranging from vessel charter to subsea cables, marine salvage and engineering.
Links to related companies and recent articles ...
- Cable repair contracts increase Briggs Marine’s turnover
- Woolwich ferry replacements
- Marine aids to navigation around offshore wind farms
- Liverpool pilot vessel hydraulic repairs
- New Multi Cat for Briggs Marine
- Multi Cat for Briggs Marine
- 'Royal Oak' Oil Removal Continues
- Scots Prepare Taiwan for Oil Spill
- Briggs Marine Wins Scapa Flow Oil Recovery Contract
- Briggs' Foresight Sees 'British Shield' Vessel Deliver the Goods at 'Prestige ' Spill Response
- Wind Blows Briggs' Way
- Briggs raises its game with three new vessels
- Briggs Lands Three Year Scots Submarine Cable Contract
- Work Resumes on Warship Oil Removal
- Safety Rewarded
- Briggs Marine Contractors Bolsters Fleet
- Daewoo Re-Power for 'Forth Constructor'
- Briggs Lands Three Year APT Marine Services Contract
- Marine Works Underway on Small Scottish Isles
- Contractor/ Military Co-Operation Raises Lost Aircraft
- Mustang delivers first CSV for Briggs
- TTA forms to promote River Thames safety
- Briggs Marine gets a new addition
- Briggs scores £50m ferry contract
- Coastal Guardians fleet now fully deployed
- New diving division for Briggs