Palfinger Marine has been chosen to deliver a major deck equipment package for a new advanced cable laying vessel in build at Ulstein Verft.
Nexans’ cable laying vessel Aurora has been developed for operations in rough weather and has high manoeuvrability and station keeping capabilities. Ulstein Verft will construct the vessel and prepare for the topside equipment, the vessel was designed by Skipsteknisk in Ålesund. The CLV is 31m wide, 149.9m long, with a deadweight of 17,000 tonnes, and can accommodate 90 people.
Palfinger Marine’s scope of delivery to Ulstein Verft AS includes:
* One 150t A-Frame
* Two 75t Active Heave Compensated Abandon and Recovery (A&R) Winches, each with 2500 metres of steel wire
* Two 37.5t Auxiliary Abandon and Recovery (A&R) Winches
* Two 5t Overhead Travelling Gantry Cranes
* Two DKF500 Offshore Knuckle Boom Cranes (10t @ 30 metres)
* One DKT500 Offshore Telescopic Boom Crane (20t @ 15 metres)
“We have been working on this project for almost two years and most of the equipment has been tailor designed to fit the vessel design. Being awarded with this order confirms our good reputation in the high-end vessel market. We are very proud for being chosen once again by Ulstein Verft for delivering our high-quality equipment and we are looking forward working closely with the yard and owner (Nexans) on this project”, said Sverre Mowinckel-Nilsen, Sales Director Winches and Handling Equipment.
All equipment is set for delivery before the end of 2020.
By Jake Frith